Friday, March 14, 2008

a little info on the kiddos

Jaydon
Jaydon is almost 7 years old. He is really starting to get a hang of reading and is becoming more responsible and mature everyday. He is such a big help that sometimes I wish he didn't have to go to school. We cannot do a project without him being involved and although sometimes that bugs us, He already knows how to use a jigsaw, screw driver, hammer and nails, is learning how sprinkler systems work, etc. etc. He is very athletic and has decided to try out for the swim team this summer! Some of his favorite activities are riding his bike, scooter and waveboard, he also likes soccer and loves to swim. He is looking forward to our cruise because he also likes to snorkel. Jaydon is a very sweet kid that is always trying to please everyone. I love that he likes to follow the rules (and so does his teacher).
Janae
Janae, Janae, Janae... so much so little time. Janae is a total girlie girl and that may be an understatement. I do not know where her personality came from but she loves all thing frilly and purple or pink. She will only wear skirts or dresses and actually refuses to wear pants. We spend much of our time arguing over what she will wear in the morning and tells me that "real girls wear skirts". Sometimes the headaches she causes are astronomical, I am sure that the fact that she is bossy (like her mother) contributes to the fact that she pushes my buttons. The fact that she is so smart makes it hard to reason with her sometimes but she really blows me away with how much she knows. Janae can tell you every person she comes into contact with's name and association she knows who everyone is married to and where they live. Even if they live far away. Janae is a very sweet girl and is going to be a great mother someday, she loves to baby Jazlynn and keeps asking when I am going to have another baby. She'll have to wait for awhile for that, for now she will have to play with her dolls.

Jazlynn
Jazlynn or we call her monkey is becoming quite a challenge. She loves to climb on everything. I can usually find her on the top bunk or on the table climbing on the bookcases, the fun really never ends. She has really started to talk and can say all of our names. Not to mention mine and no (yeah loads of fun right?) She has a lot of Jared's personality in her and she loves to tease (especially her bother and sister). Jazlynn loves baby dolls and is usually carrying one around (but I am pryaing that she isn't such a girlie girl) And you would never know it(she weighs a mere 21 lbs) but she is a garbage disposal, she eats everything and anything and is always asking for snacks (wanna snack). We have taken her pacifier (paci as she calls it) away except for at bedtime so now when she wants it she says "ni nite paci" and then tries to get me to give it to her. She is also getting too smart and sometimes she tries to hide them so I will not know where they are and then get them when she wants them. She is really funny and has really brought lightheartedness to our family (she makes us laugh all the time).
Anyway I hope this updates you a little bit without being too braggy, But having these kids has really enriched not only our lives but also our families lives and sometimes you just need to share.


3 comments:

Monson Family said...

They are too cute! LOVE all the pictures! That is so funny about the clothes issues...I know about that all too well. I got one of those compartment hanging things for your closet and Sadie and I pick out outfits together (for the most part...sometimes I just do it) and then she picks out an outfit in the morning. It has worked wonders! I LOVE it!!!! I love that Jazlynn hides the paci! How smart and funny is that!?!

Heather Guymon said...

Jeni that is too cute! I LOVE this post. You guys have such beautiful kids, who wouldn't wanna see and hear about them!

Julianne said...

They are all so cute and such great kids. You are so blessed!